Magic Select is a powerful tool for acting on one or several items together. This article gives a brief overview. For a more detailed explanation, see the In-App Guides or visit Magic Select & Friends
You can select a single item either by tapping on the left side of an item (where the time would be) or by swiping left on an item.
To select multiple items, swipe left on an item, then without lifting your finger, continue up or down to select further items, releasing your finger when you have selected all you want.
After selection, a blue ‘Time ruler’ appears to the left of all items, with those selected highlighted. You are now ready to act on these items. (Time Ruler is only available in Schedule mode for shifting time)
The options available are:
- Change the date of the selected Tasks (Event dates cannot be changed this way) by using the calendar to tap on the new date you want to assign to these Tasks. On iPad the calendar is visible in the left of the screen. On iPhone you may need to tap on ‘Date’ at the bottom of the screen to reveal it.
- Delete the selected items by tapping on the Trash icon at top right of the screen.
- Use the Time ruler to change the start times of the Tasks in the list (Event times cannot be changed this way but you are able to change them if you unlock them first). If you drag down or up on the left side of the Time ruler, the start times are increased or reduced by one hour increments. If you drag down or up on the right side of the Time ruler, the start times are increased or reduced by five minute increments.
- Reorder Tasks by tapping and holding your finger on the selection and dragging up or down.
- Use two fingers anywhere on the screen to pitch-apart or pinch-together to schedule them further away from or closer to each other.
- Perform other actions on the selected items by tapping the three white dots at the bottom of the screen (next to ‘Date’) and choosing from among the available options to change the List or Tags for all items, set the duration of all selected Tasks, lock or unlock the items, and Auto Schedule the selected items.